Phoropter Cleaning, Service and Maintenance
Comprehensive Phoropter Cleaning
Phoropter Cleaning and service is essential to maintain optical accuracy and proper lubrication. We recommend you schedule a phoropter cleaning every 12 months. Phoropter cleaning / phoropter service may be needed more often depending on your volume and patient demographics. Our comprehensive phoropter cleaning service includes.
- Thorough cleaning of all optical lens surfaces.
- Calibration of all lenses back to factory standards.
- Adjust, calibrate and lubricate JCC.
- Clean and calibrate the dial assemblies.
- Adjust and lubricate the convergence controls.
- Calibrate PD measurement.
- Touch up paint
Why Phoropter Cleaning?
Overtime optics become dirty due to a multitude of reasons. I phoropter most commonly becomes dirtied due to general use.
- environmental conditions
Is Bacteria Lurking in Your Phoropter?
Did you know that bacteria can build up on the inside of your phoropter? Just think of how many times every day your phoropter is used during eye exam, how many patients look through the unit and how many technicians and doctors touch and maneuver the unit. In even just a few months, bacteria can grow as the result of dirt, debris, make-up, eyelashes and other culprits.
These unseen bacteria can work their way into your patients’ eyes, leading to eye infections and other serious vision problems. The last thing you want to do is harm your patients’ vision during a routine eye exam, and you certainly don’t want a lawsuit based on the results of using dirty equipment.
The best way to avoid internal bacteria build-up is to have your equipment professionally cleaned from the inside- out every 12 months. Just a simple external wipe-down won’t be sufficient to remove harmful bacteria.
Your patients come to your practice trusting that the eye exams you provide are accurate and safe. If you are using a phoropter that hasn’t been internally cleaned and properly calibrated in at least a year, you may not be providing accurate readings for refractive errors and other eye conditions.
Patient misdiagnosis for eye prescriptions may lead to:
- Additional eye appointments to provide proper diagnosis
- Patient frustration over having to return to your office
- Possibility for serious eye problems due to misdiagnosis
- Decreased eﬃciency for your staff
Prevent patient misdiagnosis by having your phoropter cleaned by OptiTech USA.
We Have Your Phoropter Covered
If you are concerned about the time it will take to have your phoropter serviced (and the disruption of your eye exam schedule), OptiTech USA oﬀers a great solution. We provide a loaner phoropter to use while your equipment is being serviced. Here is how the program works:
- We send you a loaner phoropter.
- We provide a shipping box with a free shipping label to mail us your dirty phoropter.
- Our factory-trained technicians clean your phoropter, re-calibrate it and mail it back to you.
- You return the loaner phoropter in the provided shipping box. As always, free shipping labels are included.
Protect your investment! The #1 way to extend the life of your phoropter is by having it regularly cleaned, re-calibrated, lubricated and adjusted inside and out.
Call OptiTech USA today and get the best phoropter cleaning, service and maintenance for your office now!