Edger Maintenance and Repair
Refurbished Optical Equipment
We specialize in used National Optronics Edgers, Tracers, and Blockers. We have certified National Optronics technicians on staff who can answer any of your questions. We can refurbish your used optical laboratory equipment to make it look like new again. We rebuild motors, replace bearings, and recalibrate everything to make it run better than when it was new. National Optronics dry edgers are the backbone of a high quality and high volume laboratory and last for years. If you need are in need of new optical edgers we try to keep refurbished optical edgers in stock, but they tend to go quickly.
Our Refurbishing of Optical Edgers Include:
- Replace all bearings and/or belts that can be replaced
- Clean, paint or powder coat all parts depending on their wear
- All motors are re-built with new bearings and brushes
- Brushless motors are rewound
- Each machine is recalibrated
While Used National Optronics Edgers, Tracers, and Blockers are the staple of what we do, we have also worked extensively with Indo, Essilor Instruments, Edgers, Kappas, Gammas, Coburn, and Santinelli units. Most wet optical laboratory edgers tend to have tracer and blocker combination units or use stand alone blockers. We have worked extensively with Speede Blockers and can calibrate your used optical blockers for you.
Optical Edger And Tracer Maintenance
Routine optical edger and tracer maintenance of your in-house optical finishing equipment is essential for maximizing the life of your equipment. While preventative service calls may still be needed every 6 months to 1 year for major updates and maintenance we recommend the following self maintenance to prolong the life of your equipment.
For Wet Edgers:
- Clean the the filter and bucket daily or for every 20 pairs of lenses run through the unit.
- Rinse out the grinding chamber daily (with distilled water) and leave the door open for it to air dry, make sure to check behind the safety plate if your unit has one.
- Use a small toothbrush to clean off all of the ginding wheels and parts.
- Avoid using chemicals.
- Assign a staff member or manager to make sure the maintenance is performed on a regular basis, or keep a log book or journal if more than one person uses the unit or units.
- For direct water edgers make sure the water and drain are connected properly daily and shut off the water between shifts.
For Dry Edgers:
- Vacuum out the internal parts of the edger daily.
- Make sure to check that the hose has proper suction and is free from debris.
- Empty out the bag and clean off the filter.
- Make sure the probe is clean and free of debris and “frame cheese” between each trace.
- Vacuum out or use compressed air to ensure the tracer chamber is free of screws, wax, or other debris.
- Following these simple optical edger and tracer maintenance tips will ensure your equipment runs great in between regular service.
Why Choose OptiTech Usa
OptiTech USA is dedicated to getting the work you need done fast and making sure it is done right the first time.
We have the answers for your questions quickly and efficiently so you can spend your time working on not on the phone.
17+ Years of Experience
We have been in business long enough to know what it is you need. We take care of all our customers like they are our first!
Over 2,000 Satisfied Customers
We have serviced more equipment than most of our competition and we make sure your happy with the service so we see you again.
We Get Things Done!
No more waiting around for your equipment to get returned or shipped. We finish the job and get your equipment out the door with no extra hassle to deal with.